- Reading Shed
- 4ft wide, 2ft deep, 5ft high
- Handmade to order, by experienced craftsman
- Pent roof with premium grade felt
- Double door
- Robust treated 70 x 50mm CLS framework
- 22 x 125mm* Matchboard floor with tanalised bearers
- 16 x 125mm* Matchboard roof/door
- 16 x 125mm* Shiplap cladding
- Integrated shelving throughout
- High quality ironmongery
- Complimentary installation** (Limited postcodes)
**B, CV, DY, GL, WR, WV and some HR postcodes
Claines Reading Shed
Available on back-order|Estimated Availability 3-5 weeks
Our Claines Reading Shed has been designed to encourage school children to read books during breaks and lunchtimes, and to act as a focal point for book clubs. Handcrafted to order, the reading shed is based on the principles of our popular heavy duty shed range, measuring 4ft wide, 2ft deep and 5ft high, with a pent roof and double doors for ease of access and to display of books. This model benefits from complimentary installation to customers in zone 1 and zone 2 of our standard delivery area.
You can read all about us creating bookworms, not woodworms, for St Georges Church of England Primary School in Worcester
Construction and materials
The heavy-duty construction means that our sheds are more rigid, more weatherproof and have a longer lifespan. The framework is robust, using 70 x 50mm (3 x 2) planed timber providing a smooth professional finish to the interior of the shed. With premium cladding, the interlocking tongue and groove boards slot together to provide a seamless appearance whilst the additional protective lip helps rain run off quickly. The cladding has a smooth and attractive finish and can be treated or painted to make it a focal point to any playground. Each length of cladding is double nailed using stainless steel nails for extra strength and durability. To ensure a high-quality economical weatherproofing membrane, all our sheds are installed with 24kg Polyester charcoal shed felt as standard. The polyester results in a stronger and more durable product compared with standard shed felt, and it also increases life expectancy of the product. Key materials used are a 22 x 125mm (Finished 19 x 120mm) matchboard for the floor, 16 x 125mm (Finished 12 x 120mm) matchboard for the roof and door, and 16 x 125mm (Finished 12 x 120mm) shiplap cladding.
With double doors (4ft in height), opening outwards, these are finished with high quality ironmongery, including traditional medium tee hinges, a brenton padbolt, and tower bolts. To enhance security further, we recommend a 70mm Long thrown 6 pin lock barrel lock from the award winning Gatemate range. Add this to your basket and we will fit this complimentary for you.
Complimentary Installation Service
After all your inspiration, research and investment, a professional installation of your shed on a firm base is essential to ensure longevity. Worcester Timber Products offer a complimentary installation service (weekdays only) to customers in B, CV, DY, GL, WR, WV and some HR postcodes. For all other postcodes, please contact us to discuss options and surcharges. On the day, our professional team will erect your shed, ensure all fixtures and fittings are in place and in full working order. Our installers will clear away any waste materials and ensure your shed is ready for immediate use. All we need you to do is make sure that a firm and level base is ready for the building to be assembled (see further information below). On occasions, delivery may be made separately. Please also advise us of any known access issues or concerns.
Self-installation may be possible for those competent in carpentry or building services. All components (made panels, raw materials, and hardware) will be delivered per specification, but please note, at this time there are no assembly instructions available for this model.
All our timber is pressure treated, and therefore guaranteed against rot and decay (fungi) for up to 15 years. To further preserve and extend the life of your building, we recommend it is treated with an appropriate preservative, and repeated per manufacturer guidelines. Worcester Timber Products are an authorised stockist of OSMO. Recommended products include a UV Protection Oil which is a clear satin protection, ideal to protect your shed against harmful UV rays; it also enhances the look by bringing out the grains of the wood. Other products include an all-in-one translucent Natural Oil wood stain, and an Eco-friendly Country Colour satin wood finish range, with multiple colour options to suit your style and preferences.
Important considerations to ensure your shed is installed promptly, and to ensure longevity:
- Your base must be firm, level, and a minimum of the size of the floor of the building. We always recommend a concrete base, or set slabs. Gravel is not advised.
- Our installation teams may use a vehicle up to 3.5 tonne flatbed crafter. They will need to be able to access the property with the vehicle, together with parking. If your property is within a controlled parking zone, please arrange for a permit.
- There should be no overhead obstructions (low branches, cables, arches etc). Please advise prior to production of your shed to ensure appropriate changes can be made.
- Should the assembly team arrive and consider the site chosen for your building to not be suitable, you will be asked if you would like them to continue. If you do, you will be accepting responsibility for the structural integrity of the shed, and therefore indemnify Worcester Timber Products of any future issues that may arise.
- If the assembly team have to leave the site before completion for reasons beyond their control, including the reasons stated above, no refunds are applicable, and additional charges may be levied.
- Please note, images are for illustration purposes only, and by submitting an order, you acknowledge and accept our standard Terms and Conditions.
4 x 2ft
Complimentary Installation (Zone 1 & 2), Installation – Other Postcode (Price on application), Self installation
All product photographs and images are for illustration purpose only. Prices include VAT. If you are purchasing Timber, as this is a natural product which is affected by temperature and moisture, it can expand, fade, warp, crack or split. This will not diminish the overall quality of the products supplied, and is not a default in manufacturing processes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
All prices include VAT