- Offers added layer of protection against harmful UV rays
- Highly water and dirt resistant
- Clear UV Protection Oil 410 is safe for humans, plants and animals when dry
- Microporous, penetrating finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary when topping up coating
- Delays natural greying by 12 times in comparison to untreated wood
- Ideal for vertical cladding surfaces exposed to the sun
- Extra formula also contains active ingredients to protect against algae, mould and fungal decay.
UV Protection Oil
£27.70 – £80.76
Osmo UV Protection Oil is free from biocides or preservatives, offering a safe finish for humans, plants and animals when dry.
Also available - UV Protection Oil - offers same UV protection without active ingredients to protect against algae.
Coverage / Key Information
- Approx. coverage: 18m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2
- Ideal application temperature: +10°C to 35°C
- Drying time: 12hrs.
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L
Osmo uses food safe, natural ingredients for the basis of their wood finishes, waxes and pigments, including sunflower, soya, linseed and thistle oil, which is good for customers and wood alike. Osmo products contain disaromatised white spirit to ensure finishes spread easily, removing the need for so-called "Green solvent" materials which can cause allergies.
Natural beauty of oils and waxes
Wood is a natural material, the cell structure, similar to our skin, can take on and release moisture, it breathes. To ensure that this exchange is not prevented we have created finishes especially suited to the character of the wood. Osmo natural wood finishes are based on oils and waxes, the oil penetrates into the wood surface, protecting from deep within. The waxes form an elastic, micro-porous surface which protects the wood from external influences. The wood remains naturally beautiful, protected and durable.
- ThermoWood - prone to grey very fast and therefore application is recommended within the first two weeks after processing.
- Cedar - new or sanded, requires at least 12 weeks exposure to the exterior elements before application.
- Larch - new or sanded, requires at least 6 weeks exposure to the exterior elements before application.
- Pressure-Impregnated Pine - new or sanded, requires at least 12 weeks exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it is generally recommended to de-grey the surface with a suitable product and clean the surface from the extractive content before application. Always trial apply before use.
Please watch this video on how to apply OSMO UV Protection oil.
All product photographs and images are for illustration purpose only. Prices include VAT. If you are purchasing Timber, as this is a natural product which is affected by temperature and moisture, it can expand, fade, warp, crack or split. This will not diminish the overall quality of the products supplied, and is not a default in manufacturing processes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
All prices include VAT