- Looks like decking, simple to fix
- Reversible boards (Ribbed one side, smooth on the other)
- Long lasting, low maintenance
- Will not split, will not rot
- Made from 90% recycled composition
- Great for fascia’s
- Size: 3600 x 138 x 20mm
- Choice of three fantastic colours
- 25 Year Warranty
SmartBoard Composite Deck Board
£36.00 – £41.88
SmartBoard is a reversible face fix decking with an appealing, tactile brushed matt finish available in a range of naturally varying colour tones. Made specifically to emulate softwood decking, it fits in a very similar way, giving ease of use for landscapers and DIY enthusiasts alike. Smartboard composite deck board is an obvious choice for the discerning builder. Made from 90% recycled materials, these eco-friendly boards are easy to maintain, clean, won’t split or rot and do not need staining. It looks like traditional decking, is simple to fix and is smart looking compared to equivalent market options.
SmartBoard comes with a 25-year residential Warranty, reassurance that it will outlast most varieties of timber decking.
Colour options: It has a smooth and ribbed profile and comes in three fantastic colours: Slate, Battleship grey and Chocolate brown.
Measurements: Finished size 20 x 138mm, Length specification 3600mm only. Not sure how many boards and screws are required? Click here for a Smartboard calculator produced by the manufacturer, Hoppings.
Composition: SmartBoard composite decking is environmentally sensitive, made of a mix of the residue from the manufacture of Oak flooring (60%), recycled dense polyethylene from shampoo bottles etc (30%) and additives to help reduce expansion & contraction (10%).
Low Risk for slip: Smartboard achieved a Pendulum test value of 54, where 36 or greater classifies it as "low risk for slip" by the UK regulator the H.S.E.
How to calculate number of boards and screws you need? Please click here to download/view
Important tips & recommendations: When installing SmartBoard Composite Decking, it is important to consider the following:
- As SmartBoard contains a high percentage of natural wood fibres there may be variations in colour and finished appearance. Once fitted and exposed to water, and the sun, SmartBoard will undergo a natural weathering process to a slightly lighter colour shade.
- SmartBoard will expand and contract approximately +/– 1mm per metre length, or 3.6mm per 3.6m board. A gap of 5mm must be left between parallel boards & ends. This gap should be increased to 10mm when adjacent to walls or buildings.
- SmartBoard should only be fixed with 63mm SmartBoard coloured decking screws as they have been made specially for SmartBoard, do not require a pilot hole and are designed to create a recess for the screw head. Use two (2) screws per joist, with a minimum of 20mm from a side or end. The first groove on the ribbed side is ideal.
- For domestic applications, the joist spacing should be a maximum of 400mm.
- SmartBoard decking should be kept clean by regular sweeping and can be washed with warm soapy water, rinsing with clean water.
- Pressure washers can be used with care. Do not let the outlet nozzle get too close to the decking boards. We recommend that a small inconspicuous test area is cleaned and allowed to dry before commencing to clean the whole deck.
- To maximise the longevity of SmartBoard, we highly recommend using SmartFrame. A range of high specification treated European redwood products (incised) for use in structural wood applications above or in ground contact; where a 30-year service life is desirable. Developed for use with wood plastic composite decking that tend to come with warranties against fungal decay. The use of SmartFrame is not essential, but it is strength graded (identified on end grain only), long lengths as standard, light relative to steel or most durable hardwoods and can be built using standard wood working tools and standard exterior quality wood fixings.
- Information Sheet: Smartboard Fitting Advice - December 2020
25 Year (Residential), 10 Year (Commercial) Warranty. Hoppings Softwood Products Plc hereby certify that when fixed appropriately in accordance with the relevant design guidance. SmartBoard shall be deemed under warranty for a period of twenty-five (25) years (residential use) and ten (10) years (commercial/public use) from the date of original purchase. SmartBoard products shall not split, splinter or suffer structural damage as a sole and direct consequence of termites, insects or soft rotting micro-fungi.
Installation service available
Worcester Timber Products offer a no-nonsense, high quality and trusted installation service. With a variety of bespoke fencing solutions including Jacksons, cedar, all types of timber panel, trellis and picket timber fences, we firmly believe your investment deserves its professional installation. Our installation also extends to gates, decking, sheds, raised beds, pergolas, outbuildings, and bespoke timber designs. Our experienced installation team take great pride in their work, and therefore we are confident to provide a long guarantees on all of our timber products. In addition, we also install many types of metal and concrete fencing products. Contact us with your requirements
|Dimensions||3600 × 138 × 20 mm|
Battleship Grey, Chocolate Brown, Slate
All product photographs and images are for illustration purpose only. Prices include VAT. If you are purchasing Timber, as this is a natural product which is affected by temperature and moisture, it can expand, fade, warp, crack or split. This will not diminish the overall quality of the products supplied, and is not a default in manufacturing processes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
All prices include VAT